Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Blogger Hacks and Widgets

After browsing through the web for great widgets and hacks for my blogger blog, I stumbled upon these sites. They provide the coolest tips to add things like a tag cloud on Blogger, and most importantly, they all work! I've tested and use them on my Blogger blog, so you don't have to look elsewhere, unless you don't use Blogger :-P

Before that, please bear in mind that all these hacks and widgets are catered for new Blogger template. So, classic users, it's time for an upgrade!

Tag Cloud / Label Cloud
phydeaux3- this is the nicest tag cloud I've came across so far. It's so easy to customize and it works flawlessly. Take a look at a working example on my left sidebar

Selective Expandable Post Summary
Chezannies- There's a part 1 and part 2 to this awesome tutorial. If you don't know what expandable post summary means, this tutorial basically teaches on how to add the 'read more' link at the end of some posts. In contrast with some other tutorials that add a 'read more' link to each and every posts you have, this one teaches you on how to add the link on some particular posts depending on your choice. It requires careful implementation or else it could go wrong. But, the result is amazing, especially if you have a long post that you only want the summary of it to show up on the main page.

Random Posts List
iBloggerZ- Unlike some other widgets, this one is unique since it does not display a link to a random post, instead displays a list of random posts on your blog. Pretty simple and works just the way it should.

I will update the list as I add more. Good luck and have fun~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is just a place for me to write stuff.
I'm an open book, but with hidden compartments and missing pages somewhere along the way.

In the future, I'd like to read this again and laugh of the things I've put for myself to discover =P

About The Layout

Much like my life, the layout lacks straight lines including the borders, etc. I want to make it look sketchy because I love to draw. It involves some painstaking efforts trying to come out with the design plus a lot of help on the coding

The piano, the musical notes, the stars, the effects, the graphics represent some part of me. Dream and passion. =P


Recent Posts