Thursday, May 20, 2010

Exam

Lately it occured to me that every time I finished answering a paper in an exam hall, I'm always left with one worry. No, it's not whether my answers in the exam sheet were the same with what's at the bottomm of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs pyramid on the textbook, although I did worry about that one but that was while I was answering, not after I finished the whole paper, but this one was something else. I'm always afraid for the examiner.

As I look back at all my answers initially written with the neatest handwritings at the front as they gradually turned into the worst barely readable lines, I was stroked with terror. What if the examiner can't read my writings? That's when I'll begin to reach for my pen to recopy all of my answers into more neatly handwritings on a new piece of answer sheet when I would realize that there's no time left and whoever is marking my paper would just have to make the best out of those handwritings. Well, if they could actually make out any words from them. Even I was repulsed by how bad they were. I couldn't even finished checking my answer because I could't stand my own handwritings which is why whenever people asked me whether I checked my answer I always say I didn't manage to and they thought it was because of time constraint.

What's worst was that the handwriting was not the only problem. A more annoying problem for the examiner would be, well, it starts with an 'r' and ends with an 's'. R-U-L-E-S. As if having to go through my bad handwritings wasn't bad enough that they also have to tolerate the mistakes that even an eleven years old won't make. When I'm inside the exam hall, it was like, I'm against every silly little rules about punctuation, grammar, and spelling! Yes, spelling. What kind of a first year university student spells 'then' as 'than'? Plus whenever I begin answering a paper, I always hesitate whether to write it in the past tense or present tense. So I usually start with present tense and all the way through they would revert to past tense and then go back to the future or the present. I suck seriously.

I don't remember since when I've been developing these problems or annoying habits of making silly mistakes during exam. I'm always such a perfectionist like when I'm drawing I would take a lot of time to revise and then revise my drawing until they were perfect before scanning them into the computer. But in exam hall, you don't really have the time to perfect your work, or answer so maybe I should try to write spontaneously, which is exactly what I'm doing.

Yes, ladies ad gentlemen, the point of me writing this annoying, pointless post to be posted on my blog where you shall be reading it is to practice my writing. I need to be able to write spontaneously, with less mistakes. Although, I do doubt it would actually improve my handwrtings since I'm not actually writing using my hand but rather typing the words out but I guess it would help atleast my problem with 'rules'. So have fun guys =P

4 comments:

junior_sysco May 21, 2010 at 3:21 AM  

dont worry girl.. u are not alone.. i have the same problem too..

Anonymous May 21, 2010 at 3:43 AM  

*sigh~ we better get rid of them soon but good news there'll be lesser final exam =P

AiN May 21, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

hey, i did that too!
;D

Anonymous May 21, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

we're all on the same boat hahha

Post a Comment

About This Blog

This is just a place for me to write stuff.
I'm an open book, but with hidden compartments and missing pages somewhere along the way.

In the future, I'd like to read this again and laugh of the things I've put for myself to discover =P

About The Layout

Much like my life, the layout lacks straight lines including the borders, etc. I want to make it look sketchy because I love to draw. It involves some painstaking efforts trying to come out with the design plus a lot of help on the coding

The piano, the musical notes, the stars, the effects, the graphics represent some part of me. Dream and passion. =P


Recent Posts